I’ve been a member of Rent The Runway’s unlimited membership program for a few months now, which I think is enough time to let you know my thoughts on the program so far.
If you’re not familiar with Rent The Runway, it’s a clothing rental company that allows you to rent a variety of clothes in three different ways.
Here’s a quick break down of each:
I’m currently on the Unlimited plan and over all I like it!
Here is my list of pros and cons:
- They have a wide range of brand selections and sizing.
- I think that the $159/month rate is pretty affordable.
- They have great customer service.
- It allows you to try different brands on and get to know which brands suit your body shape best, without having to purchase anything
- It allows you to try high end designers without paying high end prices :)
- You can rent pieces for speaking events or photo/video shoots and not be obligated to keep the items. Sometimes you don’t want to wear that top from your profile picture again because everyone’s seen you in it.
- You can experiment with different styles, fabrics, silhouettes without the pressure of having to pay for it upfront.
- You don’t have to worry about laundering any of the pieces you rent… you just send it back!
- You can keep the items for as long as you want.
- You can cancel or pause your membership at any time.
- It can sometimes be hard to find the item you really want in your size when you want/need it.
- I wish you could select more than 4 items. For me 6 items would be ideal, but I understand that they need to have enough inventory in stock for everyone to make it worthwhile.
- Currently Rent The Runway is only available in the United States :(
My review above is for the unlimited option only. I think it’s the plan where you get the most bang for your buck.
So if you’ve been searching for a way to economically diversify your wardrobe, explore different brands, including some high-end ones, AND experiment with your personal style more, I definitely think you should give Rent The Runway a try. And if you have any questions for me about my membership, just let me know in the comments and I’ll get back to you.